PRIVATE TOUR - CODE: VIMI2 Meetings and travelling in Ho Chi Minh City with best meeting rooms in luxury hotel, or teambuilding with cooking class and sightseeing to the historic...
PRIVATE TOUR – CODE: VIT08
Enjoy a classic journey through Thailand from the hustle and bustle of Bangkok and the beautiful Erawan Falls of Kanchanaburi, to the colourful hill tribes of Chiang Rai and myriad of activities on offer in Chiang Mai.
Travel route: Bangkok – Kanchanaburi – Chiang Rai – Chiang Mai – Bangkok – Departure
- Bangkok – Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Flower Market, longtail boat ride through canals and Khao San Road
- Chiang Mai – Night market and free time for optional activities from spa treatments to canopy ziplines
- Erawan National Park – Seven-tiered Erawan Falls and several caves to explore
- Elephant Centre – Opt for a ride around the centre grounds
- Kanchanaburi – Allied War Cemetery, Bridge on the River Kwai and ‘Hellfire Pass’
- Cruising on the Kok River in a longtail boat
- Chiang Rai – Karen (Longneck) tribe village, Wat Rhon Khung – the White Temple and the night market
- Sampran Riverside – Cooking class at a traditional Thai hotel
- Day 1: Bangkok
- Day 2: Bangkok City Tour (B,L)
- Day 3: Kwai & Hellfire Pass (B,L,D)
- Day 4: Erawan Falls & Elephants (B)
- Day 5: Chiang Rai & Hill Tribes (B)
- Day 6: Kok River to Chiang Mai (B)
- Day 7: Chiang Mai – Free day (B)
- Day 8: Bangkok (B)
Day 1: Bangkok
Welcome to Bangkok, Thailand’s capital city. Upon arrival you will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel. Enjoy the rest of the evening at your own leisure. Overnight in Bangkok.
Day 2: Bangkok City Tour (B,L)
This morning visit the colourful Flower Market before continuing on to the spiritual and religious heart of the city – the striking Grand Palace. Topped by golden stupas, the complex has been the site of royal coronations and is home to the legendary Emerald Buddha. Next take a tuk tuk ride to Wat Pho, home to the famous golden Reclining Buddha.
From here cross Chao Phraya River for lunch at Supatra, a traditional Thai restaurant set on the river banks, before boarding a longtail boat to explore the city’s canals. Known as khlongs, the canals enable surface water to make its way to the sea and have long been a way of getting around Bangkok. On your journey glide past curious stilted houses and gleaming temples whilst old men fish and children frolic about on the waters edge.
The boat drop you off within walking distance of Khao San Road, popular with backpackers and hippies. Late afternoon offers free time for you to enjoy the many bars, restaurants, street performers, market stalls and tailors – that will measure you up for a new suit, that line this vibrant road. Overnight in Bangkok.
Day 3: Kwai & Hellfire Pass (B,L,D)
Bangkok – Kanchanaburi. It’s an early start today as a drive west of the capital takes you to the small town of Kanchanaburi. Your first stop will be at Sampran Riverside, a traditional Thai property where visitors can learn about Thai customs and organic farming. Here enjoy a cooking class and lunch.
Later visit the Allied War Cemetery, where you can pay your respects to the thousands of Allied POWs who perished in the area under the hand of the Imperial Japanese Army, before continuing on to the infamous Bridge over the River Kwai. You have the chance to take pictures here before boarding a train for a two hour journey that crosses the bridge and follows the tracks dug by the POWs and locals some 75 years earlier. Disembarking at Nam Tok a short drive takes you to ‘Hellfire Pass’ where the POWs dug through a mountain often using only their bare hands. A fascinating museum at the entrance details the region’s history.
After a day’s sightseeing a leisurely longtail boat ride leads you to your fabulous floating jungle raft hotel. To the beauty of a hundred softly glowing lanterns and the sounds of the tropical forest and cool water flowing by enjoy dinner and a relaxing evening on the deck. Overnight in Kanchanaburi.
Day 4: Erawan Falls & Elephants (B)
Today visit Erawan National Park, located in the Tenasserim Hills of Kanchanaburi. Founded in 1975, this verdant park is one of the most beautiful in the country and is home to the beautiful Erawan Falls. Climb up to each of the seven tiers, enjoy a dip in the pools created by the falls and if time allows why not also explore the caves within the park. Later visit an Elephant Centre to learn more about the role they play in Thailand and opt for a ride around the centre grounds. Enjoy an evening surrounded by nature as you camp out in a luxurious riverside jungle tent. Overnight in Kanchanaburi.
Day 5: Chiang Rai & Hill Tribes (B)
Kanchanaburi – Bangkok – Chiang Rai. This morning head back to Bangkok for your flight to Chiang Rai, a wonderful base for visiting local hill tribes. Upon arrival pay a visit to Karen village where you may encounter the famous Long Neck tribe, so known for the neck rings that the women wear to elongate their necks. Later head back to Chiang Rai where you can wander through the night market for souvenirs and tasty street food. Overnight in Chiang Rai.
Day 6: Kok River to Chiang Mai (B)
Chiang Rai – Chiang Mai. First thing this morning visit the unconventional Wat Rong Khun Buddhist temple – also known as the White Temple, depicting scenes from modern movies including the Matrix, Star Wars and Superman!
Continue on to Raumit Village, where you board a private long tail boat for a cruise down the Kok River watching rural life pass by. Farmers work the land where oranges grow whilst men fish along the banks and buffalo wallow in the shallow waters. Upon arrival in Ta Thon hop in your transfer to Chiang Mai. After hotel-check in enjoy sunset at Doi Suthep mountain, which looms over the city with Wat Phrathat temple perched on its top. Overnight in Chiang Mai.
Day 7: Chiang Mai – Free day (B)
A free day for you to relax or participate in some of the many activities on offer. Choose from the more relaxing options with spa treatments and massages, to the adrenaline-fuelled with canopy zip lines and rock climbing. No trip to Chiang Mai would be complete without trying a local cooking class and perfecting your very own Pad Thai! Overnight in Chiang Mai.
Day 8: Bangkok (B)
Today marks the end of your Thai adventure. After breakfast and hotel check out board a flight to Bangkok for your onward travel. Please ensure that your onward flight does not depart Bangkok International Airport before 2pm today.
Your are always welcome to extend your stay in Bangkok. If choosing to book post tour accommodation with us a departure transfer to the airport will be offered at the completion of your post tour accommodation arrangements.
- 7 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
- Economy class flights Bangkok – Chiang Rai & Chiang Mai – Bangkok
- Escorted by an English-speaking Thai tour guide
- Train ride over the River Kwai and visit to Hellfire Pass
- Excursion to the hill tribe villages around Chiang Rai
- 5 nights Standard hotels (Superior and Deluxe available on request), 1 night floating hotel in the jungle, 1 night luxury tent
- Airport arrival transfer day 1 & departure transfer day 8
- Guided sightseeing – Bangkok, Kanchanaburi and Chiang Rai
- Longtail boat cruise on the canals of Bangkok, to accommodation in Kanchanaburi and on the Kok River
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles
- International flights and visa
- Tip for your tour guide.