Prolonged wars and economic development have claimed large areas of various ecosystems in Vietnam. Yet, a host of countries would still envy with the remnants, which include a variety of...
PRIVATE TOUR – CODE: VIT09
Discover the spectacular landscapes of Thailand, from the coast and mangroves of Khao Sa Roi Yot, to the jungle and lakes of Khao Sok, and the pristine beaches and turquoise waters of Krabi. Setting off from Bangkok, travel south to explore these national parks before enjoying a few days of rest and relaxation by the sea.
Travel route: Bangkok – Sampran – Hua Hin – Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park – Krabi – Khao Sok National Park – Hua Hin – Bangkok – Departure
- Bangkok – Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Flower Market, longtail boat ride through canals and Khao San Road
- Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park – Walk through mangroves, explore the coast by boat and explore Phraya Nakhon Cave
- Krabi – Free time to relax by the pool or on the beach, try your hand at some water sports or explore the area by speedboat
- Sampran Riverside – Cooking class at a traditional Thai hotel
- Khao Sok National Park – Stay in a treehouse lodge, embark on a walking jungle safari and go boating on Cheow Lan Lake
- Day 1: Bangkok
- Day 2: Bangkok City Tour (B,L)
- Day 3: Bangkok – Sampran – Hua Hin (B,L,D)
- Day 4: Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park (B)
- Day 5: Khao Sok National Park (B,D)
- Days 6-7: Khao Sok – Krabi (B,L,D)
- Days 8-10: By the beach of Krabi (B)
- Day 11: Krabi – Bangkok (B)
Day 1: Bangkok
Welcome to Bangkok, Thailand’s capital city. Upon arrival you will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel. Enjoy the rest of the evening at your own leisure. Overnight in Bangkok.
Day 2: Bangkok City Tour (B,L)
This morning visit the colourful Flower Market before continuing on to the spiritual and religious heart of the city – the striking Grand Palace. Topped by golden stupas, the complex has been the site of royal coronations and is home to the legendary Emerald Buddha. Next take a tuk tuk ride to Wat Pho, home to the famous golden Reclining Buddha.
From here cross Chao Phraya River for lunch at Supatra, a traditional Thai restaurant set on the river banks, before boarding a longtail boat to explore the city’s canals. Known as khlongs, the canals enable surface water to make its way to the sea and have long been a way of getting around Bangkok. On your journey glide past curious stilted houses and gleaming temples whilst old men fish and children frolic about on the water’s edge.
The boat drops you off within walking distance of Khao San Road, popular with backpackers and hippies. Late afternoon offers free time for you to enjoy the many bars, restaurants, street performers, market stalls and tailors – that will measure you up for a new suit, that line this vibrant road. Overnight in Bangkok.
Day 3: Bangkok – Sampran – Hua Hin (B,L,D)
First thing this morning drive west of the capital to the Sampran Riverside, a traditional Thai hotel that has remained in the same family of generations. While the founders of the hotel originally grew roses within its grounds, today the current family has gone into organic farming. Here you will have the chance to explore the farm before collecting ingredients and cooking your lunch with a short class. Later continue on to Hua Hin where the rest of the day will be free to relax by the pool or on the beach. Overnight in Hua Hin.
Day 4: Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park (B)
Today set off to explore the spectacular Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park. Wander through mangroves on a wooden boardwalk and then hop on a boat to explore the rugged coastline. Later a short walk takes us to Phraya Nakhon Cave, home to the famous Kuha Karuhas Pavillon. Return to the hotel in the late afternoon and spend the rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Hua Hin.
Day 5: Khao Sok National Park (B,D)
Hua Hin – Khao Sok. Continuing south, arrive in the late afternoon at the prehistoric jungle of Khao Sok National Park, where you can check in to the tree house lodge nestled amongst the trees. In the evening enjoy a walking jungle safari where your guide will be able to point out various types of flora and fauna – so keep an eye out for monkeys, bats and even a deer or two! Overnight in Khao Sok.
Days 6-7: Khao Sok – Krabi (B,L,D)
On the morning of day 6 set off for the beautiful Cheow Lan Lake, a beautiful body of water within Khao Sok National Park. Spend the day here exploring by boat, swimming, trekking in the jungle and relaxing on floating bungalows.
The following day go canoeing on one of the local rivers and enjoy the natural surrounds of the jungle for one last time before starting your drive south to the beach resort of Krabi. Upon arrival check-in to your hotel and enjoy the rest of the evening at your own leisure – perhaps get a drink at the bar!
Overnight: Khao Sok NP & Krabi | Breakfast x 2, Lunch x 1, Dinner x 1
Days 8-10: By the beach of Krabi (B)
The next three days are free for you to spend as your chose at the idyllic beachside resort of Krabi. Situated on the south western coast of Thailand, Krabi is brimming with natural wonders including spectacular limestone karsts jutting out of crystal clear waters, white sand beaches, colourful coral reefs, a bounty of caves and waterfalls and numerous islands just a short hop away. Here you can choose to simply relax by the pool or on the beach, try your hand at some water sports or explore the area by speedboat. The more adventurous among you can even try out rock climbing! Overnight in Krabi.
Day 11: Krabi – Bangkok (B)
This morning transfer to Krabi Airport for your flight back to Bangkok for your onward travel. Please ensure that your onward flight does not depart Bangkok Airport before 2pm today. End of services.
- 10 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
- Airport arrival transfer day 1 & departure transfer day 11
- Guided sightseeing – Bangkok, Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park and Khao Sok National Park
- Economy flight from Krabi – Bangkok
- 8 nights Standard hotels (Superior and Deluxe available on request), 1 night deluxe tree house, 1 night jungle raft
- Escorted by an English-speaking Thai tour guide
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles
- International flights and visa
- Tip for your tour guide.