Mrs. Shakuntala Vijayan, her husband and 2 friends booked Vietnam 8-day travel package with VietnamCheapPackages in late April 2014. They visited Hanoi, Sapa and Halong bay with lots of fun...
GROUP TOUR – TOUR CODE: VID09S
Imagine a region of wild nature blended with watery local’s life harmoniously – it’s Mekong delta of Southwest Vietnam. Mekong river and its 9 branches divide Southwest Vietnam into the 6 provinces with alluvium soil, enriching the region as the “rice bowl of Vietnam”. Along with the urbanization, the region newly reclaimed 350 years ago now still preserves 3 national parks inside. U Minh – Tra Su bird sanctuary is 1 of them. This tour shows you both daily life of people and wild nature.
US$ 99 per person
This Group tour will offer you the combination of homestay and wild forest of Mekong delta.
EXTRA SERVICES – You can book or not:
High-speed boat tickets Chau Doc to Phnom Penh (1-way): US$ 35/ per person by Hang Chau speedboat or US$ 45/ per person Blue Cruiser boat, starting from Chau Doc at 7:30am – arriving at Phnom Penh Sisowath Wharf at 12:30 noon everyday.
- Pick-up & see-off from a meeting point in District 1, Saigon city.
- Air-condition bus transfer with experienced driver throughout the tour.
- English speaking tour guide throughout the tour.
- The 1st night Homestay in Can Tho & the 2nd night Hotel in Chau Doc.
- Boating in My Tho, Ben Tre, Can Tho, Tra Su.
- Boating to Cai Rang/ Phong Dien floating market.
- Folk song performance on Day 1.
- Islamic Mosque visit on Day 3.
- 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner.
- Admission fees to sightseeing places.
- High-speed boat tickets Chau Doc – Phnom Penh.
- Drinks and other personal expenses.
DAY 1 SAIGON – MY THO – BEN TRE – CAN THO – OVERNIGHT HOMESTAY (L,D)
At 7:30 – 7:50am, you meet our tour guide and driver at the hotel lobby. We offer free pick-up services if you stay in hotels in District 1 only.
Leave Ho Chi Minh city, enjoy the scenic journey along the National Highway bordered by green rice fields. On arrival at My Tho, visit Vinh Trang pagoda, take a leisurely boat ride along the river, view stilt houses, fruit plantations and fishing villages along the river bank. Proceed to Tortoise islet, have lunch in the orchard garden. Then a boat ride to An Khanh – a less touristy attraction in Ben Tre, enjoy cruising on a hand-rowed sampan under the shade of water coconut trees along natural canals. Have a short cycling tour (applied for private tour/if time permitted) then enjoy seasonal fruit & honey tea to the sound of “Southern Vietnamese folk music”, performed by the locals. Visit a family business which epitomizes the idyllic rural lifestyle, taste delicious coconut candy & observe the pastoral life as you roam through the fruit plantations and villages. Proceed to Can Tho.
Family home-stay with dinner is arranged.
DAY 2 CAN THO – CHAU DOC – TRA SU FOREST (B,L)
Take a leisurely boat trip to explore the picturesque tributaries of the Lower Mekong river (Bassac River), then proceed to Cai Rang floating markets (& Phong Dien is optional), which are the liveliest in the whole religion.
Then wander around the village and meet the friendly local people and experience how to pass a “Monkey bridge” which is built by only one stem of bamboo. Visit the orchard garden.
After lunch, you’re driven to Chau Doc border town, proceed to visit Tra Su, getting to the wild bird sanctuary, cruising smoothly with small boats to discover the arrays of splendid canals deep into the forest, watching storks, cranes and other tropical birds. On the way back stop by to visit Sam Mountain, the Cave pagoda (if time permitted).
Back to Chau Doc town, hotel check in. Overnight in hotel in Chau Doc.
DAY 3: CHAU DOC – SAIGON or CHAU DOC – PHNOM PENH BY HISPEED BOAT (B)
After breakfast, take a nice boat trip through the floating village to visit a fish farm to see how the Mekong Delta people raise fish in their floating houses. Visit the Cham minority with their traditional weaving village, followed by a local Islamic Mosque. Trip back to Saigon city. End of services at your hotel.
This tour covers all highlights and most beautiful parts of Mekong delta:
- Boating along the coconut channels
- Boating among floating market
- Boating in Tra Su bird sanctuary
- Listening “the soul of silence” and “the voice of rural”
Tra Su forest in Mekong delta (An Giang province) is a truly nature and not touristic. It’s fantastic to explore the most featured swamp of Mekong delta. In Tra Su forest, we have all the best of this delta to offer: sky, river channels, wild birds and wet forest. We think this is a very good excursion and you should try.
There are a lot of post-tour extensions:
- To Phnom Penh: By hydrofoil Hang Chau or Blue Cruiser from Chau Doc departing at 7:30am daily
- To Saigon: Follow our shuttle bus from Chau Doc to the central city of South Vietnam. See-you-off at your hotel in District 1
- To Phu Quoc: You can choose either Chau Doc – Can Tho airport (12:50) – Phu Quoc (13:35) (by Vietnam Airlines VN1014) or Chau Doc – Saigon airport – Phu Quoc (by Vietnam Airlines VN1813 or VN1827 on the next day)