PRIVATE TOUR - CODE: VIBU8 Discover new symbols of Vietnam tourism in a budget way, not cheap, but at a reasonable price to travel in a smart way. Grab BBQ...
PRIVATE TOUR – CODE: VIC10
Going along the East coast of Tonle Sap river through the countryside with rice fields, grasslands and natural wildlife. Enjoy the ancient and modern history, saturated with beautiful religious monuments
Travel route: Phnom Penh – Toul Sleng – Kompong Cham – Kratie Irrawaddy dolphins – Kompong Thom – Siem Reap – Angkor – Ta Prohm – Siem Reap – Departure
- 5000 silver floor tiles at the Silver Pagoda, in the Royal Palace
- Step back in time at the National Museum, home to the world’s finest collection of Angkorian sculpture
- Chance to see the rare freshwater Irrawaddy dolphins in the Mekong River, near Kratie
- Explore Kompong Cham, a pretty riverside town with some of Cambodia’s best preserved colonial architecture
- The enigmatic smiles of the 216 giant faces of the Bayon, Angkor’s strangest temple
- Experience nature running riot at the mysterious ruin of Ta Prohm, the original temple where famous film Tomb Rider with Angelina Jolie acted
- Marvel at the exquisite carvings of the tiny temple of Banteay Srei of Angkor
- Responsible day with school in Cambodia countryside.
- Relax with a massage or spa, the perfect treatment for tiredness
- Enjoy time at Bar street in Siemreap town and shopping time at Angkor night market
- Day 1: Phnom Penh arrival (L,D)
- Day 2: Phnom Penh – Kompong Cham – Kratie (B,L,D)
- Day 3: Kratie – Kompong Cham – Kompong Thom (B,L,D)
- Day 4: Kompong Thom – Siem Reap (B,L,D)
- Day 5: Siem Reap Exploration (B,L,D)
- Day 6: Siem Reap Exploration (B,L,D)
- Day 7: Siem Reap responsible day (B,L,D)
- Day 8: Siem Reap – Departure (B)
Day 1: Phnom Penh arrival (L,D)
Welcome to Phnom Penh – the city retains its traditional Khmer and colonial styles with French villas along tree-lined boulevards. After the short rest you will visit the Royal Palace compound build in 1866 by the Predecessors of King Norodom, is the most conspicuous feature and also one of impressive colorful Khmer-style Palaces. Nearside the colorful Khmer-style Royal palace is Silver pagoda (The emerald Buddha temple), display plenty of Buddha Statues that were decorated and made by diamond, emerald, gold and silver. We will stop at Independence Monument and explore the National museum, a beautiful Khmer architecture building contains more than 5000 art objects made of sandstone, bronze, silver, copper, wood and others. Walk up to sacred hill Phnom Daun Penh – also the name of a pagoda and name of the capital nowadays. Enjoy the night time and overnight in Phnom Penh.
Day 2: Phnom Penh – Kompong Cham – Kratie (B,L,D)
We start our day to explore the Eastern Cambodia with first stop at Kampong Cham, the fertile lowland area of Cambodia renown by its peaceful rural landscape with rice fields. We arrive in Kratie in the afternoon. Hotel check-in then we have a light city tour to explore the tranquil town with visit to the villages in the bank of Mekong river. In the late afternoon, we will stop to see the rare freshwater Irawady Dophins before heading back to the town for overnight.
Day 3: Kratie – Kompong Cham – Kompong Thom (B,L,D)
We will visit the local market where minority people come the sell and exchange products then heading to Chlong, a small peaceful village at the Mekong river bank, renown by its both Khmer and Colonial architecture. One of the highlight of this area is a wooden house called 100-column built in 19th century. We continue driving to Kompong Cham with stop at Chhup, the biggest rubber plantation in the country, established during the French colonial time by Michelin, the famous French tire maker. We also visit Wat Nokor Pagoda, an 11th-century Mahayana Buddhist temple with a large reclining Buddha statue. We will arrive in Kompong Thom late evening for overnight.
Day 4: Kompong Thom – Siem Reap (B,L,D)
You will visit Sambor Prei Kuk, a part of Chenla Kingdom, cover an area of around 1000 arcs with hundred Pre-Angkor styled temples. The road conditions are basic, but in return you will get a great journey with temples, rain forests ad Khmer traditional villages. En route we visit archeological “Naga Bridge” at Kompong Kde. Overnight in Siem reap.
Day 5: Siem Reap Exploration (B,L,D)
Today we get up early to enjoy sunrise over ancient land of Angkor area and go to the pagoda to offer food to monks. It is a traditional culture and have no meaning of beggary. You will have great breakfast with them on the ground floor of the pagoda, enjoy the hot green tea and talk about the meditation life. We continue to visit Angkor, the Unesco World Heritage starting with Banteay Srei a temple with remarkable preservation of excellent carving and Banteay Samre, a rose-colored sandstone walls are decorated by carvings and bas-reliefs. We visit the sacred Ta Prohm winded by the roots of giant big trees and creepers. Ta Prohm is famous by choosing for major activities of Tomb Raider acted by Celebrity Angelina Jolie. We continue to Prasat Kravan with its unique brick sculptures, Srah Srang – “The Royal Baths” was once used for ritual bathing, Banteay Kdei surrounded by four concentric walls and finally finish with Thommanon and Chaosay Tevorda temple before heading back to Siem reap for overnight.
Day 6: Siem Reap Exploration (B,L,D)
We continue visiting Angkor by an easy biking on the roads-less-traveled. Ride along the jungle on well-paved trails, passing through local villages, you will reach Angkor Wat, highlighted by the longest continuous bas-relief in the world, carved on the walls and tell the stories of Hindu legends. We will explore some of Angkor’s most beautiful temples including: The ancient capital of Angkor Thom, the South Gate, Bayon Temple – unique with its 54 towers decorated with over 200 smiling faces, Baphuon temple, north of Bayon represented of holy Mount Meru the residence of the gods in Hindu tradition. We will go around The Royal land, the Elephant Terrace and the Terrace of the Leper King. We stop at the less-traveled west gate of Angkor Thom before calmly relaxing at Bakheng hill for a romantic sun set view. We will return to Siemreap downtown for dinner, enjoy 1-hour foot massage and have funny time at bars and pubs at Angkor night market. Overnight in Siem reap.
Day 7: Siem Reap responsible day (B,L,D)
We will have a responsible day with visits to a local village. Your ideal travel is not only for leisure, but also help them with sustainable income and give them the real helpful aid. We will meet the friendly host family, study their life structure then help them to complete their daily tasks from simple thing of cleaning to the hard work with cultivation in rice field, rice sorting and rice husking. We head to the local school, where children are willing to practice English with you. We stop at a pagoda to see the interesting insight into Buddhism in Cambodia and with Khmer people. We take a bull cart to go around the villages, rice field and lines of palm trees before boarding a boat in Tonlesap, the biggest fresh-water lake in South East Asia. Enjoy the bustling life of local people in floating villages with floating schools, floating restaurants, and even floating hospitals. We come back to Siemreap for overnight.
Day 8: Siem Reap – Departure (B)
Free at leisure until transfer to Siem Reap airport for your onward flights. End of our services
- 07 nights accommodation with twins share
- Meals mentioned in program ( B: Breakfast, L: Lunch and D: Dinner)
- Air-conditioned transfers.
- Sightseeing and entrance fees
- Boat trip as mentioned in program
- English speaking guide
- Bike & 1 hour foot massage
- Bottles of drinking water every day
- Visa stamped fees
- International air ticket to / from Cambodia and int’l airport tax
- Other meals not mentioned in programs.
- Tips, drinks, personal expenses and others.